Academic Business Library Directors

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

ABLD Conference Started Today!



Hello--Greetings from Iowa City. It's in the 60's and spring is in full session!

Today we saw the Pentagrast--the former site of old state capitol. It was recognizable by the gold topped dome.

The Pappajohn Building is really nice. Lots of clean lines. We really liked the nooks and crannies of the Pomerantz Library. Patel Teal and cream colored walls; very reminscient of West Campus Library colors. We liked the flexible space for Executive Ed and I noticed they have an outdoor patio to sit.

It was so quiet. Not used to that serenity at this time of year where I work. I also liked the one service desk and the librarian's offices very close by to be on call.

Nice to meet our new members Millicent from MIT and Marcella from Penn--and ones I had met before but new to our group: Susan from Emory, Bob from McGill, and Leslie from TAMU. I know them through SLA. I look forward to meeting David from Vanderbilt.

Tonight is dinner, then we start at 9am.

So far, so good! Good job Dave and Laura!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home